Skip to main content

The Death Messenger by Henry Taba | A Cross Between Thriller & Supernatural!

* I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review, all thoughts and opinions are my own!*




Title: The Death Messenger

Author: Henry Taba

Genre: Thriller, Suspense, Supernatural

AMAZON | Goodreads



Synopsis:  “A message is delivered, his friend is dead, and both are connected.”

Westcliffe Patel in his early thirties, living alone with a decent job in a small town. When he has just had a glimpse of joy, he has a car accident. And thereafter, a whisper of sinister voice haunted him—telling him a message. Assuming it is just an illusion or maybe after effect from the accident, he continues his accustomed life. But when the ominous message confirmed by the death of his friend—the unexplained death mystery quickly clings to his mind...

Besides the death has confirmed his imaginary demon—which he thought ain't real, he soon receives the death message of his girlfriend. He has no choice but to dive deeper and avert his girlfriend from becoming a victim. How can Westcliffe stop the demon he has never met? His life never the same again.


 A character that hears whispers of death after a car accident?

A thriller mixed with supernatural elements and a side of romance?

YES, PLEASE!!


 I really enjoyed the plot, the author was very original with his idea and executed it well. After a car accident, Westcliff begins to hear whispers of death, and becomes rather paranoid about- which is to be expected honestly. You could probably predict some of the plot points, but you definitely still like the plot and pacing.
 Especially once one of Westcliff's friends has a... ya'know what, I'm not gonna spoil that.

  The character developments- Westcliff's girlfriend added some extra goodness to the plot, and everything progressed rather nicely though I was sad to see a certain character didn't make it to the end :(

And finally I also really liked the author's tone and writing style. I do have to say that I wish there had been some more editing, so if you can overlook that- you'll really enjoy this suspenseful and thrilling ride of a read!


[My Rating: 🌟🌟🌟]


Have any of you heard of this book or read it?? What did you think??


Thanks for reading!!
~Books with Noel

Comments

  1. I think we forgive editing issues if the story is good but maybe it annoys us more when we aren't enjoying the book! I'm like that with Indie books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's a big problem I've noticed with Indie books, but I usually enjoy them quite a bit so it doesn't bother me that much anymore.

      Delete
  2. This is the first I have heard of this, definitely sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plot was definitely my favorite thing about it!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed this! It sounds a little creepy and like something I might enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can overlook the editing, I definitely suggest giving it a try then!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Books with Noel's BLOGVERSARY!!

Bonjour mes amis! [Hello my friends!] It's officially Books with Noel 's Blogversary!!! Quick Note: I'm sorry if any of these seems rushed, I injured my wrist at work and now have to wear a brace on my right side (I'm right-handed). When I first started blogging, it was a rash and implusive decision (and no, I ususally don't have those). I had already been trying to do BookTube for a while, and it was rough- I'll admit it. But more on that later! I started Books with Noel to try to communicate my passion and thoughts on books the only way I know best- through writing. (Don't ask why I'm still on YouTube then, sometimes I don't even know myself.) As soon as I did my first two blog posts on here, I was introduced to some very kind book bloggers and I found the best book community I've ever seen! Everyone is so nice, even when disagreeing about a book! I'm now able to support other bloggers and unknown authors through my blo...

The Month of February and Trying New Things | A Monthly Wrap-Up + A TBR

    Eek, is it bad that I'm relieved Valentine's Day and the ''Love Month'' is over? I just read contemporaries, watched chick flicks, and ate ice cream to celebrate the holiday...it was great! How about you guys? How was your Valentine's Day? How's The YouTube Channel Going?? As some of you know, I also am a small BookTuber who shares my videos only in the monthly wrap-ups. And yes, they are as random as my blog posts 😂.  Though I try to keep their content different, so one book review that will be on my blog may not be on my YouTube channel (unless I feel very strongly about the book or am reviewing it for someone). So here are the videos from February!! ChickFlicks & Contemporaries | MY FEBRUARY TBR TOP TEN ANIME COUPLES | FT. CAMMIE Eliza And Her Monsters | BOOK RANT TRY A CHAPTER ~ Round 1 Since the theme for this month is Trying New Things , I'm planning to start doing anime related videos on my YouTube. Spec...

The Wrath & The Dawn by Renée Ahdieh | It's Love, I know It!

Title: The Wrath and The Dawn Author: Renée Ahdieh Other books by Author: The Rose and The Dagger ( book 2 ), Flame In The Mist , Smoke In The Sun (b ook 2 to Flame in The Mist ) Published: May 12th, 2015 Genre: Fantasy, YA, Retellings, Romance AMAZON | GOODREADS  Synopsis: One Life to One Dawn.   In a land ruled by a murderous boy-king, each dawn brings heartache to a new family. Khalid, the eighteen-year-old Caliph of Khorasan, is a monster. Each night he takes a new bride only to have a silk cord wrapped around her throat come morning. When sixteen-year-old Shahrzad's dearest friend falls victim to Khalid, Shahrzad vows vengeance and volunteers to be his next bride. Shahrzad is determined not only to stay alive, but to end the caliph's reign of terror once and for all.   Night after night, Shahrzad beguiles Khalid, weaving stories that enchant, ensuring her survival, though she knows each dawn could be her last. But something she never expect...