Skip to main content

The perfect COZY + FANTASY READS to binge in a weekend!!


Weekends are officially my binge reading time, not all day mind you but with my hubby off work most weekends, around family time & church, I'm typically able to get way more reading in compared to any other time of the week!

I love fantasy books, sci-fi as well, but fantasy is my comfort genre. As long as there's at least some romance on the side, I'm always ready for a good fantasy read~

More often lately I want a cozy fantasy read, something I can treat like my favorite chick-flicks and just unwind with in an evening, that way even if I'm in a slump I'm more likely to be able to stick through.

That's what inspired this weekend's post, some perfect fantasy reads that I found quite cozy + perfect to binge read in a weekend!!

Please share some of your recs too!! I'm always looking for more fantasy reads!!


Until The Stars Fall by Vanessa Rasanen is the first in an interconnected standalone series, so it can be read by itself completely!
I devoured this book soo fast, & honestly was upset at myself for not having read it sooner because it literally was a retelling of one of my favorite comfort movies of all time: Sabrina.

Plus fae, a bit of spice, a fake engagement, & fated mates... the author literally wrote it to be a cozy romantasy and she succeeded!!
This next rec is actually two books that I highly recommend, the author wrote them to be interconnected standalone as well but I highly recommend reading The Musician and the Monster first, then The Artist and the Dragon for all of the easter eggs and fun things!!

Megan Van Dyke did phenomenal with these books!! The first is a retelling of Beauty & the Beast x Phantom of the Opera meets gothic Gaslamp fantasy

The second is a sleeping beauty retelling set in same world with Bridgerton vibes and lots of banter!!

 I LOVED both of these reads so so much and they truly do not get enough love. Definitely dive into these on a weekend and you won't regret it!!



A Bond of Briars by Erin Phillips is a YA dark fantasy retelling of the Biblical story of Ruth. Erin Phillips has another standalone retelling of Queen Esther which is wonderful and a favorite but I wouldn't call it cozy, it's more high-stakes!

Complete with spooky cottagecore, romance, dark magic & mysterious curses, sacrificial love & redemption A Bond of Briars delivers perfectly for a weekend binge read!



The Lilac Plague by K. J. Dawson is the first in the Unchosen trilogy, a coming of age, YA or middle grade fantasy with lots of adventure, magic, and side romance that makes you want the entire series right after!

This was one of my favorite cozy fantasy reads ever a few years ago, and I've re-read it since a few times too in the fall and winter season (my favorite seasons to get cozy).

I found the rest of the series just as wonderful and fantastical!!


Under the Oak Tree by Suji Kim

Okay so this is the first booking the series, there is also a manwha, and comics if you prefer a more visual reading experience. I quite literally love it all, and while there are some trigger warnings, this is my ultimate favorite series to curl up with when I want to get cozy with a candle and hot tea and my pug.

Can. not. recommend. enough!!

Even if just reading the comic or manwha, it's my greatest obsession currently!

Bound to the Fae King by Megan Van Dyke

So this one is a inter-connected standalone, you do not have to read the previous book but personally, I was glad I had.

Enemies to lovers, human x fae, villainous love interest, dangerous competition, these are just some of the goodies in this one!

I devoured this one in one night it was so good. One of my favorites of her books, and definitely my favorite in this series (so far)!



Q: Have you read any of these? Or are any on your TBR??

I'm always looking for more cozy fantasy recs so if you have any please let me know!!


What's your favorite kind of read for the weekend?


Happy reading lovelies!!
NoelW

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books with Noel's BLOGVERSARY!!

Bonjour mes amis! [Hello my friends!] It's officially Books with Noel 's Blogversary!!! Quick Note: I'm sorry if any of these seems rushed, I injured my wrist at work and now have to wear a brace on my right side (I'm right-handed). When I first started blogging, it was a rash and implusive decision (and no, I ususally don't have those). I had already been trying to do BookTube for a while, and it was rough- I'll admit it. But more on that later! I started Books with Noel to try to communicate my passion and thoughts on books the only way I know best- through writing. (Don't ask why I'm still on YouTube then, sometimes I don't even know myself.) As soon as I did my first two blog posts on here, I was introduced to some very kind book bloggers and I found the best book community I've ever seen! Everyone is so nice, even when disagreeing about a book! I'm now able to support other bloggers and unknown authors through my blo...

The Month of February and Trying New Things | A Monthly Wrap-Up + A TBR

    Eek, is it bad that I'm relieved Valentine's Day and the ''Love Month'' is over? I just read contemporaries, watched chick flicks, and ate ice cream to celebrate the holiday...it was great! How about you guys? How was your Valentine's Day? How's The YouTube Channel Going?? As some of you know, I also am a small BookTuber who shares my videos only in the monthly wrap-ups. And yes, they are as random as my blog posts 😂.  Though I try to keep their content different, so one book review that will be on my blog may not be on my YouTube channel (unless I feel very strongly about the book or am reviewing it for someone). So here are the videos from February!! ChickFlicks & Contemporaries | MY FEBRUARY TBR TOP TEN ANIME COUPLES | FT. CAMMIE Eliza And Her Monsters | BOOK RANT TRY A CHAPTER ~ Round 1 Since the theme for this month is Trying New Things , I'm planning to start doing anime related videos on my YouTube. Spec...

The Wrath & The Dawn by Renée Ahdieh | It's Love, I know It!

Title: The Wrath and The Dawn Author: Renée Ahdieh Other books by Author: The Rose and The Dagger ( book 2 ), Flame In The Mist , Smoke In The Sun (b ook 2 to Flame in The Mist ) Published: May 12th, 2015 Genre: Fantasy, YA, Retellings, Romance AMAZON | GOODREADS  Synopsis: One Life to One Dawn.   In a land ruled by a murderous boy-king, each dawn brings heartache to a new family. Khalid, the eighteen-year-old Caliph of Khorasan, is a monster. Each night he takes a new bride only to have a silk cord wrapped around her throat come morning. When sixteen-year-old Shahrzad's dearest friend falls victim to Khalid, Shahrzad vows vengeance and volunteers to be his next bride. Shahrzad is determined not only to stay alive, but to end the caliph's reign of terror once and for all.   Night after night, Shahrzad beguiles Khalid, weaving stories that enchant, ensuring her survival, though she knows each dawn could be her last. But something she never expect...