Lume by TM Ghent | Sci-fi & fantasy? SIGN ME UP!!!

 


You know the best way to end a long day at work? Or the most relaxing, anti-stressful things to do in an evening?

I have no idea either.

But I do know my favorite thing is to have a cup of tea and read a good book. Absolutely love it ♥   Fantasy and sci-fi books are usually my go to reads and my most favorites, so I'm always looking for more to try. 

Last fall, Lume by Tricia Ghent (the indie author's debut novel) was released and the first thing that caught my attention about it was that it was a mix of my two favorite book genres! It took a bit but I've officially finished it and wanted to share about it to anyone that might be interested in this read or looking for another book to give a go!


  Synopsis:  The capital city of Lume is on the brink of chaos. A newly formed underground city begins a rebellion, threatening Lume's complacent king.


A Prince, content with a warm bed and a full glass, must choose between his family and his honor.

A Girl, buried beneath her past, must decide whether to risk everything she has for her dreams.

A Lawless, forged to be a leader among the rebels, must find a way to remain in control.

They never wanted to be heroes.

Ruled by old traditions, Lume is plagued with new technology it isn't ready for. In a world filled with betrayal, hard truths, and broken pasts, can Lume be saved or will it succumb to its eventual destruction?

In TM Ghent's debut novel, Lume blurs the expectations of fantasy and science fiction into a creative blend featuring a new and exciting world.
   
 Lume follows three main characters: Rajveer, Theodora, and Maddox. Each one has something they're fighting for and brings something to the table. 

This book kept my interest from the very beginning with Rajveer’s pov and his portion of the story that caught and held my attention really well. And then Theodora and Maddox only added to it from there. (I mean, c'mon Raj has a metal hand!!)

Favorite-character-wise, I honestly still am not sure between Raj or Maddox. I've got it narrowed down to the two of them lol

I loved the dynamics between Theo and Maddox *heart eyes*


My other favorite thing about the story was the world building!! 

The world is very intricately laid out and cool to read about and picture. I was devouring it and I got some lunar chronicles and Ender’s Game vibes big-time that I really liked!!



Overall? A definite must-read, and mark your calendar for book two when it's time as well!


                                                                   ~ My Rating ~

Have you read this one yet?? Do you like books that are sci-fi & fantasy?

Care to share any book recs for the weekend? :)


Lots of love lovelies, thanks for reading!!
~NoelW

Comments