April's Flowers! | A Monthly Wrap Up



So I tried a couple new things in April, and they're working pretty good so far! The blogging memes are sometimes hard to keep up with, but that's because I don't want to overload you guys with so many posts lol.

Though I am really glad you guys seem to enjoy them as much as me!

Here's the wrap up for April, and I actually am unsure of my May TBR at the moment... so no TBR post for now. I'm not sure what I'll be reading because I'm going on a trip in May, and I won't be back til sometime in June (though I will still be blogging in that time!).



~ Random Updates from the past Month ~

  • I saw Shazam and was absolutely amazed- I loved it!! As well as Avengers: Endgame!!
  • Finally got caught up and watched Aquaman, the scenery was nice and the action was cool- the love interest was literally The Little Mermaid- so overall it was okay. I didn't love it, but I didn't dislike it so... yeah.
  • I cracked down and made an Instagram account- believe me, it took a lot of convincing from some people- and I really like it so far! (It's not what I thought it was apparently!)
  • I ate my fill of Chinese food, so now I'm not craving it as much~ Wait. Nope- still craving it.
  • I've discovered Apple Books!! 
  • I realized how many book reviews I need to pump out for you guys 😬



~ April's Reads ~







Daughter of The Forest by Juliet Marillier [4.5 stars]

Bewitched In Oz by Laura J. Burns [3 stars]

Justice League VS Suicide Squad Vol. 5 [3 stars]

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater [ 3 Stars]

Never Ever by Sara Saedi [2.5 stars]

Wendy Darling Vol. 1: Stars by Colleen Oakes [3 stars]

The Captive Maiden by Melanie Dickerson [3 stars]

Fullmetal Alchemist Vol. 2 [4 stars]

You Were Here by Cori McCarthy [4.5 stars]

Heir by Addison Carmichael [? stars]




~ What Was On The Blog? ~

The blog posts I did in April!


Books with Noel's BLOGVERSARY!!

My Blogger Friends + New Blogs! ~ 6

I'm Publishing A Book!! | Noel Becomes Ecstatic + Giveaway!

My Weekly Pull |14|

Noel Meets ReadAThons & Chinese-Take-Out

The Promised Special Post + Giveaway Winners!

Code: Breaker [Anime Discussion]

My Blogger Friends + New Blogs! ~ 7

 A Sea Monstrous Sequel | Daughter of The Siren Queen by Tricia Levenseller

My Weekly Pull |15|

My Blogger Friends + New Blogs! ~ 8



~ ReadAThon Updates & Reading Challenges ~

I did a post on the 13th about all the ReadAThons and Challenges I was doing in April (& I told you some of my progress), so here's the final score on all of the ones I did in April!!



2019 Reading Challenge

All Year Long

MY GOAL: to read 76 books in 2019

Progress as of today: _36/76 books read

Number of books read in April = 12 books



2019 Retelling Reading Challenge

All Year Long

LINK

MY GOAL: to read 22 retellings in 2019

Progress as of today: _9/22 retellings read


Bing List Progress as of today~  6 BOOKS

Standalone: The Huntress of Thorbeck Forest by Melanie Dickerson
Set in a foreign country: Bewitched In Oz by Laura J. Burns
Wonderland: Through the Zombie Glass by Gena Showalter
Peter Pan: Wendy Darling Vol. 1: Stars by Colleen Oakes
10+ Years Old: Daughter of The Forest by Juliet Marillier
Brothers Grimm: The Captive Maiden by Melanie Dickerson



#WordForWord ReadAThon

Time: April 14th - April 20th

Hosted by D. Books and Reviews

Challenges:
  • Read a book with disease involved in the book
  • Read a book with red on the cover
  • Read at least 3 books in total
  • Read a book with a princess involved

Update: 3/3 books



Spring Into April Challenge

Time: April 1st - 30th

Hosted by: Coffee Break Book Club

GOALS COMPLETE: 4/6

1 Read a book with a spring color on the cover

2 Read a book that was published in April

3 Read a contemporary 

4 Read a book with the letters SPRING in the title and/or the author's name

5 Read a predicted 5-star book

6 Read a book while doing something springy




April's Flowers Reading Challenge

Hosted by: Bookalicious Book Club

1. Read a book with flowers on the cover

2. Read a book that makes you think of Spring

3. Read a book that's been on your TBR for a long time! (Spring Cleaning the bookshelves!)


Progress: 3/3 books!




~ Up Next On The Blog ~

What blog posts can you expect in May?? These are just some of them, not all- I still want to surprise you guys!


Forbidden Territory by Addison Carmichael Book Review

Keep It or Ditch It? #2

Legendary by Stephanie Garber Book Review

Heir by Addison Carmichael Book Review 

The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell Book Review

 You Were Here by Cori McCarthy Book Review


How was you guys month? How was your reading??

Hope you guys had an awesome April, and wishing you luck with May's reading!!
~Books with Noel

Comments

  1. I used to be obsessed with the Shiver series! I don’t think it’s anything special, but for an entertaining teen series, it’s definitely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I wasn't in love with it, but it was very interesting to say the least!

      Delete
  2. Yay for going on a trip! I've heard good things about Endgame so I'll have to watch it soon.

    I enjoyed Shiver years ago, not sure what I'd think today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Definitely watch it soon! The trip is for 3 weeks, but I'll have my computer so I'll still be blogging!

      Delete
  3. You're doing great on all of your challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm trying to ease my way into a few more than last year!

      Delete
  4. I still need to see Endgame. And I think I'm always craving Chinese food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always either craving Mexican or Chinese food! Those seem to be my go-two lol~

      Delete
  5. How are you so productive?!?! You get so much done and read during a month and I'm jealous!!! I need tips on how to carve out reading time into a busy schedule

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL :) I take books to work with me for when I'm on my break or whenever I go somewhere, but usually I stay up later than I should to get some extra reading in!

      Delete
  6. My reading is picking back up again...slowly.

    We've found some great Thai food near our new place and I've been having it once a week.

    I need to catch up on ALL the movies from the past few months.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got caught up on the movies from the past couple months, I was so busy with stuff I forgot some were coming out!

      Delete
  7. I remember really enjoying Shiver, so I'm curious what your thoughts will be! I really liked that the words were the color of the covers. Are they still that way? I don't often crave Chinese food, but Thai is my weakness. My husband and I will fight over curry. ;)

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? 💬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, my family fights over the sweet and sour chicken! Shiver's cover is still super pretty!! I'm actually going to do a book review for it as soon as I can!

      Delete
  8. Wow, so many challenges! It looks like you're doing great :) I remember reading Shiver but never continued, and I don't know why. I'll have to check it out again.
    Genesis @ Whispering Chapters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it, but I feel like I would've enjoyed it a lot more when I was younger and really big in that genre! Like back when I'd loved Twilight lol!

      Delete
  9. I have read Shiver a while back and remembered really liking it. I should re-read it some day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it, but I feel like if I read it a couple years ago I would've been head-over-heels in love with it!

      Delete
  10. I quite like a bit of Chinese food myself. I like all the noodles, prawns and curries, the mandarin chicken and sweet and sour balls! You're making good progress with your challenges so well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the shrimmp fried rice and a few different lo meins!

      Delete
  11. It sounds like you had a good April, lots of movies! My husband saw Shazaam and really liked it. We both saw Endgame and I enjoyed it, but the more I think about it, the more questions I have about it.

    I think I read Daughter of the Forest when I was really young, and even though I didn't understand everything, I really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still haven't seen Shazam but I agree with Endgame!
    Aquaman I liked... Couple of hours of Jason Momoa... Ticks a lot of boxes, lol.

    Chinese food, I am definitely in the mood for. I've only had it once in the past couple of months. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why but I'm always craving Chinese food!! Jason Momoa is was a great Aquaman!

      Delete

Post a Comment