A Sea Monstrous Sequel | Daughter of The Siren Queen by Tricia Levenseller



Title: Daughter of the Siren Queen

Author: Tricia Levenseller

Published: February 27th, 2018

Other books: Daughter of the Pirate King (Book 1)

LINKS: Amazon



[About: Alosa's mission is finally complete. Not only has she recovered all three pieces of the map to a legendary hidden treasure, but the pirates who originally took her captive are now prisoners on her ship. Still unfairly attractive and unexpectedly loyal, first mate Riden is a constant distraction, but now he's under her orders. And she takes great comfort in knowing that the villainous Vordan will soon be facing her father's justice.

When Vordan exposes a secret her father has kept for years, Alosa and her crew find themselves in a deadly race with the feared Pirate King. Despite the danger, Alosa knows they will recover the treasure first . . . after all, she is the daughter of the Siren Queen.
]




 When dealing with duologies, I usually end up disliking the sequel- either the first book was much better or the sequel ended up ruining everything (there are other variables here as well). Daughter of the Siren Queen is officially one of the best sequels I've read in a duology.


 We finally see more of the Pirate King and we see what makes him so dangerous, whereas in the first book we really just hear about him and he makes an appearance at the very end.

 And the reveal of a lifetime happens rather earlier in the book than I would have expected, but the author tied into other things throughout the story- to where we learn more about it and Alosa's mom by the end of the book.

I loved how this book showed more of Alosa's interactions with her crew and Riden (while her crew is watching), and we really like all the side characters introduced in this sequel! Remember in Daughter of the Pirate King, there were only a few side characters that were actually good and we liked?
 Well in this one Alosa tells how she met her crew members, not all of them though- and it's spread out and introduced at the perfect parts for it. It makes you really love them, and their relationship with Alosa!

This was the female (Captain) Jack Sparrow that I love, that's slightly less drunk and part siren...

I was worried about Alosa's mom for most of the book, thinking she'd be an obstacle or antagonist (even if she wasn't as big of a problem as the Pirate King was presenting) against our fiery headed main character. But luckily, the author worked everything out!

 Now Riden did not make the best decisions once or twice in the way he treated Alosa, but there was no cliche of leading each other on or anything else- he showed all throughout the book that he only cared about Alosa and was there for her.
 Which was a nice breath of fresh for us readers, I must say. The romance was entertaining- but free from all those cliches we see now and definitely was the icing on the cake (which some might say is the best part).


As always, no spoiler for the ending! But it was definitely a wonderful read perfect! I'm debating between a 4.5 stars or 5 stars rating...


[My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐]


Have you guys read this book? What did you think of it? Are you wanting to read it- because I definitely suggest having a go at it!

Thanks for reading!!
~Books with Noel

Comments

  1. That's great when the sequel makes the duology stronger, it's pretty rare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I usually end up really disliking the sequel in duologies, but this one I'm SO happy with!! :D <3

      Delete
  2. I think I have this book somewhere in my TBR pile. I definitely need to bump it up my pile after reading this review! So glad you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too, I was worried all the progress we made in the first book would be ignored but it wasn't!

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed this book, but liked the first one a little bit more. I think it was because I wanted more of the romance, but I still enjoyed it, and the series, a lot. I would love Levenseller to age up Roslyn and give her a series. She would be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESS!!! I would read it for sure if she did that!

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear the sequel was even better than the first book. Sounds like quite an adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya this book was great and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one lol! I really need to buy these books xD

      Delete
  6. I didn't realize this was a duology. I've been meaning to read the first book.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know it was at first either, but one of my friends read the sequel and told me about it!

      Delete
  7. I still haven't read the first in this series, but it's on my list! I'm glad the sequel was so good! That definitely makes me more inclined to start the series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely let me know what you think of the first book when you try it!!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Definitely do!! Let me know what you think of it when you do read it!!

      Delete
  9. I don't generally see many duologies in the genres I read but I have a ton of trilogies and series to get through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duologies don't seem to be too popular I think.

      Delete

Post a Comment