Skip to main content

Journal of a Tired Indie Writer~Pt. 2


 

 Welcome back journal of my embarrassing writing habits, hard-discovered tips, and writing progress.

I did not miss you.


 Anywhooo~ onto the entries!!


Saturday | All-day

     

    Welp, we tried journal.

    Around work, I was supposed to do massive writing today. I was to go to one of my favorite coffee shops and visit my wonderful baristas and friends and get some writing in. However.... I was so tired and I ended up sleeping in, and despite the fact that I still had time to go- my brain kept insisting that I'd missed my window and I should've gotten up earlier for it if I was going to go.

So then I cleaned.

And when I wasn't cleaning, I was staring at the computer screen (thinking about writing) before seeing something else to clean in the house.

Then it was time for work, and OF COURSE I was too freaking tired after my job to sit down and write even just for a few minutes that at this point I desperately need.

Journal, today we admit that I'm the worst with procrastinating and that if I'm not up early enough for things or ready by a certain time for something then it's just too late in my mind for it even if I actually still have the time.

So....in short, I suck  -_-



Sunday | 9:26 am


    Today was my day off from work, and after yesterday's failure to get ANY writing in, I made sure I was up early and ready to go straight to the coffee shop to write as much as I could!

(My regular coffee shop opens at 7am but I don't like to bug places right when they open so I usually wait about 30 minutes to 1 hour after they've opened before I go in and order and sit down.) So at 7:30 I went in and ordered my usual hot coffee and found a table to sit at.

I love to have a table to the side, right at a window, so I can people watch or get lost looking out at the view whenever I have to pause. I hate being at a table in the middle of the room *shudders*.

I started writing, and so far have had so much better progress than recently.

 There was no procrastination once I had my coffee and was sitting. The words started flowing, and though I'm a slow writer that doesn't get as much done as some other authors, I was so happy with my progress!!


I paused to jot this down, but I'm gonna jump back in journal! 

Wish me lots of luck!!

 

Sunday | 1:14 pm

 

 Alright journal, I'm stopping here for the day. I feel so happy with my work for the day, I was able to buckle down and just write and got so much done! I've just finished because now I can't ignore how hungry I am, so I'm going to head home and get some lunch!

I'm pretty sure I won't get any more writing done today, but I'm happy regardless with my progress so YAYY!!! 



Thursday | 6:11 pm

 

 JOURNAL guess what?!

My husband and older brother love to go to a card shop to play Magic: the Gathering on Thursday evenings, I used to play the game when I was younger but it's been so long now so I will go with them but I just watch and don't join in really.

Well anyways, so I noticed that in the plaza right by the card shop, was a bakery and I happened to be very hungry, so I excused myself to go check it out. It was a bakery cafe! They had amazing coffee and table to sit and write at, and wonderful food.

It just so happened I'd brought my notebook with me too ❤👀 So of course, I sat and sipped coffee and wrote for a bit before returning to the card shop. 

It was so lovely!! And it's my new writing spot on Thursday nights!

I find it very embarrassing at times, but fun to write these snippets of what my writing days and times actually look like.

I'm majorly bad with procrastinating, but hopefully one day I'll get better with it! (I very strongly doubt it this.)

 

 How about you lovelies?

How has your writing projects been going, or what does your writing days look like typically?? Do you procrastinate like I do or a little differently?


Please let me know, I'm super curious!

Lots of love,

NoelW

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books with Noel's BLOGVERSARY!!

Bonjour mes amis! [Hello my friends!] It's officially Books with Noel 's Blogversary!!! Quick Note: I'm sorry if any of these seems rushed, I injured my wrist at work and now have to wear a brace on my right side (I'm right-handed). When I first started blogging, it was a rash and implusive decision (and no, I ususally don't have those). I had already been trying to do BookTube for a while, and it was rough- I'll admit it. But more on that later! I started Books with Noel to try to communicate my passion and thoughts on books the only way I know best- through writing. (Don't ask why I'm still on YouTube then, sometimes I don't even know myself.) As soon as I did my first two blog posts on here, I was introduced to some very kind book bloggers and I found the best book community I've ever seen! Everyone is so nice, even when disagreeing about a book! I'm now able to support other bloggers and unknown authors through my blo...

The Month of February and Trying New Things | A Monthly Wrap-Up + A TBR

    Eek, is it bad that I'm relieved Valentine's Day and the ''Love Month'' is over? I just read contemporaries, watched chick flicks, and ate ice cream to celebrate the holiday...it was great! How about you guys? How was your Valentine's Day? How's The YouTube Channel Going?? As some of you know, I also am a small BookTuber who shares my videos only in the monthly wrap-ups. And yes, they are as random as my blog posts 😂.  Though I try to keep their content different, so one book review that will be on my blog may not be on my YouTube channel (unless I feel very strongly about the book or am reviewing it for someone). So here are the videos from February!! ChickFlicks & Contemporaries | MY FEBRUARY TBR TOP TEN ANIME COUPLES | FT. CAMMIE Eliza And Her Monsters | BOOK RANT TRY A CHAPTER ~ Round 1 Since the theme for this month is Trying New Things , I'm planning to start doing anime related videos on my YouTube. Spec...

The Wrath & The Dawn by Renée Ahdieh | It's Love, I know It!

Title: The Wrath and The Dawn Author: Renée Ahdieh Other books by Author: The Rose and The Dagger ( book 2 ), Flame In The Mist , Smoke In The Sun (b ook 2 to Flame in The Mist ) Published: May 12th, 2015 Genre: Fantasy, YA, Retellings, Romance AMAZON | GOODREADS  Synopsis: One Life to One Dawn.   In a land ruled by a murderous boy-king, each dawn brings heartache to a new family. Khalid, the eighteen-year-old Caliph of Khorasan, is a monster. Each night he takes a new bride only to have a silk cord wrapped around her throat come morning. When sixteen-year-old Shahrzad's dearest friend falls victim to Khalid, Shahrzad vows vengeance and volunteers to be his next bride. Shahrzad is determined not only to stay alive, but to end the caliph's reign of terror once and for all.   Night after night, Shahrzad beguiles Khalid, weaving stories that enchant, ensuring her survival, though she knows each dawn could be her last. But something she never expect...