The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren | GOALS!!!


Title: The Unhoneymooners

Author: Christina Lauren

Genre: Romance, Comedy, Fiction, Adult Fiction

Published: May 14th, 2019

AMAZON | GOODREADS



  Synopsis:  Olive is always unlucky: in her career, in love, in…well, everything. Her identical twin sister Ami, on the other hand, is probably the luckiest person in the world. Her meet-cute with her fiancΓ© is something out of a romantic comedy (gag) and she’s managed to finance her entire wedding by winning a series of Internet contests (double gag). Worst of all, she’s forcing Olive to spend the day with her sworn enemy, Ethan, who just happens to be the best man.

Olive braces herself to get through 24 hours of wedding hell before she can return to her comfortable, unlucky life. But when the entire wedding party gets food poisoning from eating bad shellfish, the only people who aren’t affected are Olive and Ethan. And now there’s an all-expenses-paid honeymoon in Hawaii up for grabs.

Putting their mutual hatred aside for the sake of a free vacation, Olive and Ethan head for paradise, determined to avoid each other at all costs. But when Olive runs into her future boss, the little white lie she tells him is suddenly at risk to become a whole lot bigger. She and Ethan now have to pretend to be loving newlyweds, and her luck seems worse than ever. But the weird thing is that she doesn’t mind playing pretend. In fact, she feels kind of... lucky.




 Is there a book couple that made you scream ''GOALS!!!'' when they got together, etc?? I've found a few of those the past two months, and this review is about one of them.



 Olive was such a crazy protagonist, crazy funny and spontaneous- she cracked me up so much in this book with her awkwardness! Her interactions with her family and the other side characters were just amazing too!!


  The Unhoneymooners was a hilarious romantic comedy, and the best one I've read by far! Olive and Ethan had me squealing, laughing, and got me rather angry at one point as well.

  They start out as enemies, whose siblings are getting married- and I have to say one of my favorite parts is the room of people hurling at the reception- priceless!! xD
But any ways, they've never quite gotten along (for reasons that were greatly misunderstood as we find out later) and they win their siblings honeymoon trip to Hawaii when the entire guest list and bride and groom fall really food-sick (neither Olive or Ethan ate the buffet food for different reasons).

  On the fake honeymoon, the two run into some unexpected people from their regular lives and have to really sell their pretend marriage. Ethan's ex who seems to have an eye for what she can't have, Olive's new boss that she really needs to impress and a few more obstacles are thrown in when they get back from the trip too!

I really loved how Olive grew as a character and realized how flawed her thoughts had been and tried to make changes as best she could. The only thing that annoyed me a lot was how Ethan acted once they got back- and honestly, I wish he'd had to apologize for a little bit more than that!

(Though, the epilogue was great <3)


  The romance was perfect for me, I love when a couple is at each other's throats at first and then there's progress and they begin to fall for each other!! Otherwise, it's more of instant love and we all know how much I hate that... 

*shudders* Too many bad memories and ruined book series...

Olive and Ethan's relationship progressed very nicely and realistically, which made it all the better! There were of course still awkward-for-them, but-hilarious-for-me moments which were the best :)


My favorite side characters... are literally Olive's family. I was mad at her twin sister for a short time, but after that I easily forgave her! They're cousins though... there's a scene where Olive's giving her maid-of-honor speech and she had it typed on her phone. So they keep messaging her as she tries to read it lol.


If there was a sequel to this book, I would buy it in a heartbeat no matter what!


[My Rating: 🌟🌟🌟🌟] [4.5 stars!]




Have any of you guys read this yet?? What did you think, would you pick it up?
This is the first book I've read by the author, but it makes me want to read more of theirs...have any suggestions???


Thanks for reading!!
~Books with Noel

Comments

  1. I had so much fun reading this book, and YES! Olive was hysterical. She and Ethan were quite a duo. I enjoyed all their hijinks, but really loved when they were tender and sweet with each other. So good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess!! It was like the perfect combination!!

      Delete
  2. The Bathroom of Doom was my favorite part! I could not stop laughing.

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? πŸ’¬

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely cannot wait to grab a copy of this one! It's had such all round incredible reviews and it's been so long since I've read something romantic and funny and a wonderful feel great read. Awesome review Noel, really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, can't wait to hear what you think of it!! You'll have to let me know!! :D

      Thank you!!

      Delete
  4. This does sound fun! Glad it was so good. :)

    I love that cover. So bright and cheery...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see so many great reviews for this book and this writing duo! I need to read this. I have Josh and Hazel on my kindle though so I'll probably start there for Christina Lauren books. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book made me want to read the rest of the duo's books!!

      Delete
  6. Oooh you hot my one peeve to an otherwise awesome book. Ethan needed to grovel more and I wanted to see them discuss and talk it out. His brother is in their life forever so it can't be - oh well!

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wanted them to discuss it more and a lot more grovelling! Then it would have been my favorite read of 2019!

      Delete

Post a Comment