Anna and The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins | Book Review



Title: Anna and the French Kiss

Author: Stephanie Perkins

LINK: https://amzn.to/2UtjPAU



{Synopsis: Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend.

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?
}



Okay, I owe you guys a long overdue book review!


It took a lot of courage for me to pick up this book. For one, I hadn't ever read a contemporary at the time I read this- so it was a scary adjustment. I actually attempted to read quite a few contemporaries in the month of February to get me over my fear of them.

Yes, I was actually afraid of reading contemporaries xD


Last month, Anna and The French Kiss was one of the best books I read! I am now over my fear of romantic books!! 😀


So while I did not necessarily like Anna at first- she really grew on me throughout the story to where I couldn't not like her! To be fair, the only reason I hadn't liked her at first was because she'd been so upset about going to Paris, France.

Bloody Paris, France, Y'all!! (FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW: I'm utterly obsessed with France.)

I really didn't care for most of the side characters until about half way through, when they too- grew on me.

This book was absolutely wonderful and I'm in love with it 😍😍!

I did get frustrated with Anna multiple times, for one she had been a bit of a hypocrite towards her friends- and I mean a harsh hypocrite. And for another, she had actually gone after another girl's boyfriend. Though that aspect didn't bother me, because Anna was trying to be friends with St. Clair- she had already stated he was not an option especially when her new friend was in love with him too.

So... does that make it all St. Clair's fault? *Le gasp*


Not to mention he was giving Anna lots of mixed signals and encouraging her...while being a coward and running back to the girlfriend he'd already kinda cheated on...

Huh. When you put it that way, he's no longer that dreamy... but if you go back and re-read the last two chapters, you fall in love with him too.


This book has increased my expectations for both real and fictional guys (hence why I'm still single).



[My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐]


Have you read this book, is it on your TBR? What did you think of it??

Thanks for reading!! Have a lovely day!!
~Books with Noel

Comments

  1. So excited you tried this and liked it! I remember loving it and wanting to read all of her other books as well, which I think in the series at least, I did and liked them all as well but this one was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek, super excited to read the others now! I wasn't sure if it's like an actual series, because it doesn't seem like the books have much to do with each other?

      Delete
  2. I didn’t really like this book because I thought it tried too hard. It just seemed like they tried to put every single cliche into St. Clair and there was no originality to him. I also didn’t love Anna. I thought she was naive and ungrateful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was worried about that a bit, and there were definitely times when Anna got on my nerves as did St. Clair- it's definitely a book that just has drama to keep you interested in what happens.

      Delete
  3. I've been meaning to read this for years! I really need to just read it! Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd heard about it for a long time but finally cracked and read it lol :)

      Delete
  4. This book has been out for so long and I still haven't read it!! My poor TBR pile is feeling utterly neglected. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so many series that I need to start, but keep putting off lol

      Delete
  5. I've seen this book everywhere but haven't read it yet. I've heard such great things about it!
    Great review!

    Ash @ JennRenee Read

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read this one back in the day and I didn't like it as much as everyone else did. I was so frustrated with St. Clair and didn't' find he and Anna romantic at all. I did LOVE Lola and the Boy Next door though.

    Are you going to continue with the series?

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm planning to, so far I've heard Lola and the Boy Next Door is a lot better so I really want to! I agree St. Clair was rather frustrating at parts!

      Delete
  7. I read Anna and the French Kiss years ago but I loved it! I know there are a lot of readers who didn't love how Anna and Etienne got together which I understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why they didn't like it, but at the same time there were way worse written books with characters that made me want to rip my hair out- and everyone seems to love those ones.

      Delete

Post a Comment