My Little Monster [Anime Discussion]




Title in English: My Little Monster

Japanese title: Tonari no Kaibutsu-Kun

DUB or SUB?? Sub definitely!

Episodes: 13 + 1 OVA

Where to watch it: Crunchyroll



[About the Anime:

  Impassive girl meets trouble maker in a brand new love story! After Mizutani Shizuku, a girl whose sole interest is studying, is asked to deliver some handouts to Yoshida Haru, a boy who hasn't come to school after spilling blood on the first day, she finds herself the target of his affection. This is a story about a boy and a girl who struggle with love and friendship. Opening yourself up to other people forces you to be honest with yourself.]


AHH!!!!

 At first, this anime was just solely comedy to me, but then I got so attached to the characters and their issues and misunderstandings- and Oh. My. Mac & Cheese-  I couldn't stop.

I actually cried, people! Because there was that much emotional turmoil for the characters to admit that they cared for each other, and my heart couldn't take it.

That's my ghost right there on the ground- I died because of fictional characters 😑.

And now I'm going to go haunt people...because what else am I supposed to do? xD


Shizuku reminded me so much of Maka from Soul Eater,  but at the same time, she's nothing like Maka at all. There are some decisions that Shizuku made that Maka would've never made, so I liked how I could see them easily being friends or similar- but so different and unique from other characters.
I don't like copycat characters in anime, in case you can't tell.

Second, I noticed that this anime made me so territorial of my ships (Shizuku x Haru). I literally wanted any of the side characters dead if they even so much as looked at either Shizuku or Haru too long.

Was it really too much to ask for just my ship to get together and no one pose a threat to my- I mean their- happiness?!?!


Anyway, I loved this anime and am definitely ready for the manga and then to re-watch it!

[My Rating:⭐⭐⭐⭐] [4.5 stars] 



Have any of you heard of this anime? What did you think of it? If you haven't heard of it, would you want to give it a try? (I definitely suggest it!)


Thanks for reading!
~Books with Noel

P. S. What anime are you currently watching??


LINKS

 My Little Monster

Comments

  1. I haven't heard of this one! You've definitely piqued my interest. Did you finish Your Lie in April? Fairy Tail?

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? 💬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not finish Your Lie In April, I luckily managed to get caught up on some other anime instead (I've already been spoiled for the ending). I'm still watching Fairy Tail, but I've also been wanting to start the manga- so I was trying to track some down at my library.

      Delete
  2. I love it when a story is surprisingly emotional and addictive! Glad you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a daughter who I think would love this! I'll let her know about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's who the MC reminded me of-I love soul eater! (I only watched an episode of this anime) You need to finish You Lie in April, even if you were spoiled because it's such a beautiful anime. I tear up thinking about it. Looking forward to future anime discussions.
    Vivien @ Pages of Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alright, you've talked me into breaking my heart over another anime- I'll finish Your Lie In April. (Panicking because I know what's gonna happen.)

      Delete
  5. Worrying about ships can be exhausting! lol hope they come through okay in the end! Glad this one was awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! When you worry about the ship, it makes it so much better when it sails!

      Delete
  6. I've never heard of this, but it sounds really good! I hope your ship sailed in the end! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! If they didn't sail, I was ready to just fall over and not move lol.

      Delete

Post a Comment