Keep It or Ditch It? | You Pick #1

It's no secret that I'm drowning in books on my TBR, I'm sure you all are as well though. So I've decided to do something about it!

My friend Amber @ Du Livre does blog posts where her readers get to pick one book she reads each month, and she lists the books they can pick between.

Well... in this post I need you guys to help, but not to pick which one I will read.


Here's how it works:

1. I show you one or two books that have been on my TBR for AWHILE

2. I tell you why it was originally put on there, and yes they will all be books that I'm not sure if I actually want to read or should read!

3. You guys tell me if I should keep it and read it, or if I should ditch it and get it off my TBR!



What do you think? Care to help out a friend with her ever-growing intimidating TBR mountain?





The Wrong Girl by C. J. Archer


Book 1 of the 1st Freak House Trilogy

Synopsis:  It's customary for Gothic romance novels to include a mysterious girl locked in the attic. Hannah Smith just wishes she wasn't that girl. As a narcoleptic and the companion to an earl's daughter with a strange affliction of her own, Hannah knows she's lucky to have a roof over her head and food in her belly when so many orphans starve on the streets. Yet freedom is something Hannah longs for. She did not, however, want her freedom to arrive in the form of kidnapping. Taken by handsome Jack Langley to a place known as Freak House, she finds herself under the same roof as a mad scientist, his niece, a mute servant and Jack, a fire starter with a mysterious past. They assure Hannah she is not a prisoner and that they want to help her. The problem is, they think she's the earl's daughter. What will they do when they discover they took the wrong girl?


  The cover originally looked very intriguing to me, as did the synopsis. And I'll admit I still am intrigued and very curious!
 (I found the ebook format for free on ibooks.)

I like to read all genres pretty much, and it's been awhile since I read a gothic romance...


Should I Keep It or Ditch It??


Please comment and let me know!!

Thanks for reading!!
~Books with Noel

Comments

  1. I say ditch it but only because I haven't heard anything about it LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the title and the cover were the things that initially caught my interest- so I'm having some doubts about it now.

      Delete
  2. I would say keep it! Even though I have never read this book (or even heard of it!) I think we should all definitely get into the habit of reading lesser known books. Also, a gothic romance theme seems pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! Some of my favorite books I read before anyone had even heard of them!

      Delete
  3. I've never read it (or even heard of it) but it does sound pretty cool! I'd say keep... and I'll probably add it to my own TBR. No doubt these posts are just gonna make my own TBR pile bigger XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a brilliant idea! I say keep it. It sounds really awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's another way to share what books are on your TBR too!

      Delete
  5. I would ditch it. My trusted reviewer, Khanh, disliked this novel. I think, from the synopsis, it has great elements, but there's a lot/too much!
    Vivien @ Pages of Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! I was originally confused by the synopsis when I first saw the book and I had to reread it to make since of it.

      Delete
  6. Ditch it... you should read the books you are more interested in and it's better to not have such a large tbr!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm I like that it's "gothic" but it's also a part of a series and time is valuable. I say ditch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far Ditch is winning, and I do really need to improve my TBR pile.

      Delete

Post a Comment