The Month of December and Hot Cocoa | A Monthly Wrap-Up



Lovelies!! It's time for my monthly wrap-up for December- the month of Hot Cocoa, Family & Friends- and of course- Presents!!



~ Baker's Corner ~


Recipes I baked this month! The links will take you to the recipe, as they are not mine!


Mini Muffin Pancake Bites

Oreo Balls

LadyBug Cookies (this one is my recipe)
Take vanilla wafer cookies and put red frosting, then put black frosting dots, and a junior mint as the head- and you get a delicious ladybug cookie!



~ Le YouTube Channel! ~

What bookish videos did I do this month???


What Did I READ In NOVEMBER?!

Spinning Starlight + Stitching Snow | More Book Rants!

FINISHATHON | Another Readathon I Said I Wouldn't Do

FINISHATHON DAY 1~

FINISHATHON DAY 2~ Another Short Update

FINISHATHON DAYS 4~ 5~ & 6~ Wrap It Up!!

Christmas Song Book Tag




~ What Did I read in December??? ~




Guarded Crown by Addison Carmichael [3.5 stars] [REVIEW HERE]


Jingle Hell by Holly Jane [3 stars] [REVIEW HERE]








So I re-read Caraval by Stephanie Garber this month, and loved it all over again! I should now be ready for book 2 in 2019!!

One Piece Vol. 3 was just as good as the first two!







Bleach Volumes 1, 2, and 3 were very intriguing and interesting- I hope to read more soon!





The Fairest Beauty by Melanie Dickerson [4 stars]








The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han [1 star]


Prince of Shadows by Rachel Caine [2 stars]

Both of these were books disappointing for me, but Jenny Han's book has now reached the top of my ''Least Favorite List''. In fact, it's won the prize for ''book I can't stand.''




That was a much shorter recap of my month than usual, but I hope you guys had an AWESOME Christmas, and I hope you have a great NEW YEAR!!!

What did you read in December?? What was your favorite and your most hated book you read??

Thanks for reading loves!
~Books with Noel

Comments

  1. Yeah, I never would pick up Jenny Han's series. Love triangle with brothers? No thank you. Glad The Fairest Beauty worked out for you, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was sadly disappointed by the summer i turned pretty, like very disappointed.

      Delete
  2. Ooh Caraval. I still want to read that. It sounded fun and I never got it. Story of 2018 haha!

    Mini muffin pancake bites sound pretty good! :)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! Just make pancake batter, put it in mini muffin tins, and put chocolate chips, or raspberries, or blueberries in them and bake!

      Delete
  3. OREO BALLS! That looks so good and wow, I think I'm hungry, haha. Happy New Year! My reading went downhill in the last few weeks because nearly all the books I read were DNFs or meh. 😭

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah well, I'm sure you'll find some awesome books in 2019!! :D

      Delete
  4. I'm not even going to recap my December. It was awful lol I read 2 books - one was my most anticipated and ended up not liking it.

    But...bygones and on to a new year!

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes, well that's still better than no books at all right?

      Delete
  5. I really need to get around to reading Caraval. It sounds like a super intriguing book. December wasn't my worst reading month, but it also wasn't my best of the year. I read a total of 5 books which is pretty good because some of them were pretty big books. Hope you have a great 2019.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, it wasn't my best by a long shot- but it wasn't the worst. So I was able to be pretty happy knowing it could've been so much worse lol

      Delete
  6. The Lady Bug cookies sounds so cute and easy to make! I think I'll try that out with my younger siblings this spring :) What did you think of Caraval? That is on my TBR list and I've seen so many people mention it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good, I liked it a lot. I know some people didn't like Scarlet as much, but I really liked her- she didn't make the best decisions but then again she was trying to find her sister so...

      Delete
  7. So many of these books I need (want) to read lol and I agree with other's the oreo balls sound amazballs! *drools*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're awesome!!! You need to try them!!

      Delete
    2. I'm gonna! Lol just need to get the stuff to make it. XD

      Delete
  8. Yay for a Caraval reread! I've been wanting to do that for quite awhile. Maybe before Finale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! It was one book I definitely needed to reread before I tried to read the sequel in 2019!

      Delete
  9. Those recipes sound soo good, did you make them well in December?

    I need to read Legendary still!

    Happy 2019!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they all turned out great too!! I reread Caraval so I'd be prepared for Legendary in 2019!
      HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

      Delete
  10. Thanks for sharing your recipes! I always wanted to bake Oreo balls with the kids :) we are all obsessed with Oreos. Actually my daughter's nickname is "Oreo" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's so cute! Oreo balls are something that's especially easy and fun to make with kids!

      Delete

Post a Comment