Skip to main content

Orion's Awakening by L. C. M. Joseph

* I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are completely my own. *


So I have another review for you guys! I actually have several reviews I will be doing soon, which means more than one blog post each week (if I have to).





Title: Orion's Awakening

Author: L. C. M. Joseph

Genre: Sci-fi

Series: Star Magic Book One

Published: May 8th, 2018

Amazon link




Synopsis: What would you do if the life you live has all been a lie?

Sixteen-year-old Orion is about to find out, as his world is thrown into turmoil. When he learns that the stars are his home and that he is destined to rule over a kingdom.

His world is thrown into chaos as he must leave everything he knows behind; risking losing himself and his humanity to save magical races he never knew existed. With the help of his newfound companion, Orion must embark on a journey to dangerous new places and take on an unknown evil that seeks to take over his kingdom.




                   *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *


I wanted to know what the crap was going on and why as soon as Orion had the weird dream, so needless to say I was kinda invested in the book after the first two chapter.

Oh. My. Macaroni. The world and plot were so interesting and unique and out there! New technology and things were introduced lots in the book, and they were rather cool.
I did really enjoy that part, but my favorite parts to read about were definitely the parts with Eymd (a freaking shadow warrior!!).


While I did like these things, I'm still a little conflicted on what I think of the rest of the book. There was Lawrence, and while I do like forgiveness and all- there was really no character redemption for him. Besides that, I noticed that while Orion did obviously have some things that happened to him or that he sacrificed things for others- a lot of the ''challenges'' were easily solved. Friend dying? Heal them with powers. Planets dying? Heal them with powers and make them real people.
That was all that I pretty much didn't enjoy a whole lot of.



SPOILERS!! I really wanted more mother-and-son development between Orion and his real mother, but I was very surprised with her being alive and I actually really liked that twist. It gave room for more plot twists that could show up later.

I'm torn between who I like with Orion better: Eymd or Rachel? I really liked Rachel and Orion's relationship from the beginning, but then I met Eymd and she was awesome!


 ~ SPOILERS OVER ~ 


So there were things that I didn't love, but you'll find that in pretty much every book. I really really liked the overall uniqueness though and OOH, THE ENDING!!!
I was so confused at first in the epilogue- because we'd just had that huge battle and then some crazy stuff happened.
And then... cue Cliffhanger that hooks you in like two sentences for the next book!



[My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐]



Thanks for reading!!
~Books with Noel :D

Comments

  1. What was the world like? I see that it is sci-fi but what else does it entail?

    Elle Inked @ Keep on Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So there were multiple worlds, and Orion basically is the heir to all of the ones in a specific galaxy- once he got off earth the world building is more about how his people live, how they're lives work, etc. It's more of a cultural world-building because he visited several planets. It was weird, but I liked how it described their technology and stuff. The problem was I could picture all of that, but I had a hard time actually picturing the place y'know?

      Does any of that make sense, or did I ramble?

      Delete
  2. Thank you for such an awsome review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing at all wrong with a good unique story. Hope the next book is even better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Books with Noel's BLOGVERSARY!!

Bonjour mes amis! [Hello my friends!] It's officially Books with Noel 's Blogversary!!! Quick Note: I'm sorry if any of these seems rushed, I injured my wrist at work and now have to wear a brace on my right side (I'm right-handed). When I first started blogging, it was a rash and implusive decision (and no, I ususally don't have those). I had already been trying to do BookTube for a while, and it was rough- I'll admit it. But more on that later! I started Books with Noel to try to communicate my passion and thoughts on books the only way I know best- through writing. (Don't ask why I'm still on YouTube then, sometimes I don't even know myself.) As soon as I did my first two blog posts on here, I was introduced to some very kind book bloggers and I found the best book community I've ever seen! Everyone is so nice, even when disagreeing about a book! I'm now able to support other bloggers and unknown authors through my blo...

The Wrath & The Dawn by Renée Ahdieh | It's Love, I know It!

Title: The Wrath and The Dawn Author: Renée Ahdieh Other books by Author: The Rose and The Dagger ( book 2 ), Flame In The Mist , Smoke In The Sun (b ook 2 to Flame in The Mist ) Published: May 12th, 2015 Genre: Fantasy, YA, Retellings, Romance AMAZON | GOODREADS  Synopsis: One Life to One Dawn.   In a land ruled by a murderous boy-king, each dawn brings heartache to a new family. Khalid, the eighteen-year-old Caliph of Khorasan, is a monster. Each night he takes a new bride only to have a silk cord wrapped around her throat come morning. When sixteen-year-old Shahrzad's dearest friend falls victim to Khalid, Shahrzad vows vengeance and volunteers to be his next bride. Shahrzad is determined not only to stay alive, but to end the caliph's reign of terror once and for all.   Night after night, Shahrzad beguiles Khalid, weaving stories that enchant, ensuring her survival, though she knows each dawn could be her last. But something she never expect...

Library Love | 1st Post

Hi guys, so my friend Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? did a post that I thought was really cool and I would want to start doing. Basically whenever I go to the library, I share in a blog post what I got and hope to read! I think this is meant to be like once every two or three weeks, but I actually only get to go to my library probably once a month... SO.... yeah haha. But whenever I do go, from now on I'll be doing a little blog post for you guys! :D                  ~             ~             ~             ~               ~                ~ So here's what I think they call a ''Library Book Haul''? I'm not for sure, I may be on BookTube but I am...