The Realms Series by Emory R. Frie | Wonderland and Neverland

I tend to go through Book Phases, and I usually want something specific. 
Something to do with the plot, characters, or even a certain kind of retelling. Think Robin Hood and Maid Marian retellings, or more recently I went through the Alice in Wonderland and Zombies phase. (It was an interesting book phase to say the least.) I'll have a video about that phase on YouTube soon BTW!


Awhile ago, I wanted a fairytale mix-up. I wanted to read a book with Alice and the Mad Hatter, and Peter Pan and Wendy. I specifically wanted to read a book where fairytale characters met each other or got mixed up. (Harder to find than you would think.)


Well, I found a selfpublished author that was releasing the first book in a fantasy series a few years ago. A series that was fairytale retellings. 


Do any of you wonder what books are in my profile picture?





Well the blue covered book, is Wonderland (Book 1 in the Realms Series) by Emory R. Frie.
This book popped up, and was the exact thing I was looking for! (It was crazy!)

The other book on the right side in the picture, is Neverland (Book 2 in the Realms Series) by Emory R. Frie.






Wonderland by Emory R. Frie




Synopsis:  They think she's mad. 
They're right. 
 After returning from Wonderland again, Alice Liddell has been sent to the Facility-an asylum specially designed for others like her. Such fantasies are no longer suitable for a girl of seventeen, or so they tell her. Everyone around her demands she be sensible. Her story has been twisted for the entertainment of children. 
 But Alice knows the truth. She won't be moved to sensibility. And she's not the only one. Along with her new friends, Alice is thrust into a journey to save the Mad Hatter from the Queen of Hearts. But things are never so easy. Alice quickly discovers her fate is tied closer to her fellow Facility escapees than any of them could've imagined. 
 Stories weave together in unexpected ways as Alice and her friends find themselves deep in something that effects far more than just Wonderland. This is just the beginning.



 First, this book is definitely an all-time favorite of mine now (and I'm sure the whole series will be).

I loved the characters, and I was not disappointed at all. Though they are fairytale characters that we all know and love, there was a lot more to them in this story and more to love as well.  I've fallen in love with all the main characters (and sadly some side ones that don't get a lot of mentioning), and the story literally had me bouncing in my seat I was so excited.

The plot was hard to see at first, but the settings and backstory and action kept you wanting to read more. And the romance :) Too cute!

 

If you love Alice in Wonderland retellings and like mixed-fairy tales, this book is definitely for you. 

There are 5 main characters: Kai (from The Snow Queen), Red (Little Red Riding Hood), Jack (Jack and the Beanstalk), Wendy Darling (Peter Pan), and Alice (Alice in Wonderland). You get all of their povs, but more of Alice's backstory in this book. 



{My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐} 






 Neverland by Emory R. Frie




Synopsis: Never Forget.
Never Grow Up.
In Neverland, it's difficult if not impossible to do both. Dreams come true. Time is irregular. But to remain frozen in mind, memories must fade. For Wendy Darling, she never grew up.
That doesn't mean she never grew old.
When Wendy returns to Neverland, her friends in tow, it becomes apparent that the Island has other plans before she can return to the Lost Boys. But things have changed since she's been gone, things that should've never been possible.
And in hunting for a mysterious power threatening the realms, Wendy and her friends find that some things are not as they seem.
Are they ready for what comes next?

 




I literally cannot pick a favorite between this book and book 1 now!

We were introduced to so many new characters, and dived in with old ones- you think you know the fairytales? Guess again.



In Neverland we still get all 5 main characters' pov, plus a few new characters, but this time we get more of Wendy's backstory. Though all throughout we discover more about each character- even the side ones!


I have been looking foreward to Peter and Wendy's reunion forever now, and it definitely exceeded my expectations. I now love Peter and Wendy, and Remus and Alice. <3 (My ships!!)
I'm also now looking foreward to Gerta and Kai's reunion as well.


I can. Not. Wait. To read book 3! (Book 4's cover has been revealed as well!)


I think I should just go ahead and rate this whole series 5 stars... Making me fall inlove with everything- even the villains (except for the Queen of Hearts, I still don't like her).



{My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐}





Have any of you heard of this series? Please comment and let me know if what you think of it!






Thanks for reading!!
~Books with Noel

Comments

  1. I love retellings and honestly these are new to me! So going on my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will never not love retellings, hope you enjoy them!

      Delete
  2. I usually avoid retellings, but I've started adding a few to my list! These look wonderful, and it's been awhile since I've tried a new self-published author. Thanks for sharing these!

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Hope you enjoy the retellings you've added to your list then!!

      Delete
  3. These do sound really interesting! Glad you enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love them a lot!! You should try them!

      Delete
  4. I'm a HUGE sucker for retellings depending on how it's told and what new aspects the author brings to the original story. I THINK I've seen this one though? Maybe? If not, I should get my butt into gear and add it before I forget again. 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME!!! You should definitely try it!! I am in love with the entire series now!! <3 And I've only read the first two books, Lol

      Delete

Post a Comment