The Month of September and Dramatics | A Monthly Wrap-Up

I know that some of you are probably wondering why in the world I put dramatics for the month of September, well...

  I can be a very dramatic person when I want to be, and that happened to describe how I felt most of the month. To put it simply I had a lot of ''life things'' going on and let's just say that sometimes, we have every right to be dramatic about at least one thing if it matters to us.
  Such as when writing a novel -cough, cough- one can become very dramatic and protective over her first draft when someone tries to read it. *Hint hint*


So while we go over the usual topics for my wrap ups, think about something dramatic that you experienced this month and remember that we all have our moments when we go feral like a wild animal- in which I discovered myself this month.

ANYWAYS- Onto the post!!









~ Oh, For The Love Of Baking ~

A baked treat for you, a baked treat for me!
  I was so surprised in my first Wrap-Up how many of you loved to bake or loved baked treats, so I enjoy sharing new recipes I try each month! It's not a secret by now that baking is something I love and actually is something that I'll throw myself into when I'm stressed or tired.

Just got off a 7-hour work shift? *Throws self into 4 different baking recipes at 8pm at night.*


So here's what I baked the past month!


Upside-Down Pineapple Cake (My little brother and mother have decided this is their new favorite of mine.)

Reeses' Cookie Brownies (I just put a layer of cookie dough in a pan, then placed Reeses' cups, and then brownie batter- and baked!)

Banana Bread (A recipe my grandmother gave me!)






~ Blogger Buddies!! ~

Around the blogsphere, what were some of my favorite posts this month my friends did? I'll pick my top favorite posts from new bloggers I discovered and my blogger friends! :D


Trema @ A Novel Experience did a Book List of Witches, Magic, and Superstitions!

Desara @ D. Books and Reviews did a Book Review for Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margeret Stohl.

Over at Abby's Reading Corner there were several awesome posts, but my favorite was the To All The Boys I've Loved Before Book Tag!

Andrea's Bookish Thoughts gave her 5 Star Predictions.

BiteIntoBooks did some fantastically magical Harry Potter posts this month (it was also her birthday!) my favorite was her Harry Potter Spells BookTag though!

As always Do You Dog-ear? had lots of wonderful posts to pick from, so I settled on her Book Review for Rule!

Exploration of Creation had great tags, book hauls, more- but my absolute favorite post is one I hope to do next month as well, The Fall Books Tag!

My friend @ Keep on Reading is having a Giveaway!

Paperback Princess gave her TV Show Pet Peeve: Lazy Writing.

~~ My Guilty Obsession~~ had several awesome book reviews, but my favorite was probably Kill The Queen by Jennifer Estep (it's quickly rising to popularitiy!)

What Makes A Good Book gave her Book Review for War Storm by Victoria Aveyard.

Crazy 4 YA did an amazing post on the Pros of Being in a Reading Slump (seriously check it out!)

September's New Releases was a blog post Books of Amber did for us!

Read All The Things had an awesome batch of posts to pick from this month, but my personal favorite was definitely I'd Love To Read About: Abandoned Places.

Bookwyrming Thoughts had another fangirl-worthy post Fandom Friday: Captain Marvel + Space Jam 2







~ BookTube/YouTube Updates ~

I also do bookish videos on YouTube! Here's the videos I did this month! (I tried a certain theme, do you see it?)


Alice In Wonderland Book Tag

Shawn Mendes Book Tag

Alice + Zombies!!!

Wonderland By Emory R. Frie | Book Review





~ A Writer's Life ~

*sighs* Writing, how I've missed you...

So don't panic yet, I am still writing my novel and revising- it's publication has just been delayed until next year sometime.
I am being a Beta Reader for a friend, and my own Beta Readers have been helping me so so much and I couldn't be more grateful to them!

I will continue to keep you guys updated on my writing life, but there's not much to tell right now.





~ Weather + New Books! <3 ~

It's official that humidity can kill you. I feel like I'm going to die when I walk outside at certain times, whereas at others it just feels like a nice breeze. What the crap is wrong with my weather?

As for new books...


Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan

Flame in the Mist by Renée Ahdieh

 Edgar Allen Poe's Complete Collection

The Death Cure by James Dashner





~ What Did I Read This Month? ~







[3 stars] Review here










[3.5 stars] Review here











[? stars] Review Coming Soon












[3 stars]










[3 stars]









[3 stars]








[3.5 stars]

Discussion will be happenning soon









[3.5 stars]

Oh buddy, steampunk/sherlock holmes' neice/ Bram Stoker's sister










~ Up Next? ~


What's up next on my blog? What's up next on my TBR?

Well, as always I wait until the last minute to randomly decide- which is right now. In the month of October I will be doing Fall-related posts!


Blog posts to expect:


The Fall Books Tag (introduced to me by my friend Katie @ Exploration of Creation)

Fall's Hidden Gems (A reading update that I will do about halfway through the month)

And of course book reviews! Orion's Awakening and Gaurded Crown are next on my list to review!





YouTube videos to expect:


Hidden Gems Books (My favorite hiden gems/ undiscovered books)

 My October TBR & September's TBR (posted at the same time as this blog post)

And more that I will randomly decide later!




Books that I plan to read:


I hope to read (and review):


Guarded Crown by Addison Carmichael

 Fire and Ice: The Lost Dreamer by Erin Forbes

Olivia Twist by Lorie Langdon

Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman

The Kissing Booth by Beth Reekles

The Nightmare Charade by Mindee Arnett




Geez that was a lot, but that covers my past month!! How was your September? Did you have a Dramatic Month as well (Lol)?

What's your TBR for October?


Thanks for reading Loves! 
~Noel <3

Comments

  1. Oh dear. You'd think everyone will know not to ask about that first draft because omg they're horrible. *shoves draft in random folder*

    Unfortunately I can't help you with the weather - Missouri is being strange as usual with the humidity in the afternoon and chilliness in the morning. I just want to wear my hoodie all day already! *grumble grumble*

    Hope October will be good to you! 🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!! But you'd be surprised how many people are like ''Oh can I read it?!" I just stopped telling people I'm writing at all, Lol.

      Eek, I'm waiting for the cold weather- I love cold weather <3 And thank you! Hope you have a wonderful October as well!! :D

      Delete
    2. Cold weather is the best! Plus if you're cold you can make yourself hotter by snuggling under hundreds of blankets... ☺️

      Delete
    3. Or by drinking lots of Hot Chocolate! :)

      Delete
  2. I made a fruitcake this month. It was pretty okay. I’m not a huge fan of fruitcake, but I wanted to try this one. Thanks for sharing my post. Good luck with the writing!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I've never had fruitcake I'll have to try it! Thanks! :D

      Delete
  3. I love Banana Bread, I usually put some chocolate chips in them and it's so yummy! I never did get to Sarah Rees Brennan's Unspoken, but I meant to since I read the first book. You had a great September! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thank you! Next time I'm going to put some nuts in the Banana Bread- I think it would've made it the best thing ever!
      I did like the Unspoken series, but I got frustrated with the last book and the protagonist and some side characters.

      Delete
  4. Hi. Thanks for the shout out! I'm off to check out some of the others!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the mention! Have you had a chance to read Rule yourself?

    I haven't read Attack on Titan, but I have watched the first season. It's one of the darker anime series I've seen. Didn't they release S2 on Hulu recently? I need to catch up!

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Rule yet, but I really want to!

      Yeah, they released season 2, and I think either season 3 or 4 is coming out now or will be soon...

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for the mention!! <3
    Okay, I think I need to try the Reeses Cookie Brownies because it sounds amazing and I have a little one that would be in love with them I think.

    Good luck with all your reading and life things, I hope they both go well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and of course!!
      My little brother is my ''taste-tester'' as he calls himself, and he was obsessed with me making them!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for sharing my post! I think it’s great that you share recipes each month. Baking is something I love to do as well and it’s such a great stress reliever! Also, do not feel bad about flipping out over somebody wanting to read your first draft. Heck I cannot stand when people read a fully edited piece of my work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! Baking makes everything better :D
      Thanks, Lol! Writing is hard enough without someone breaking your rule of "Don't Touch, look at, or read".

      Delete

Post a Comment