The Faelti by Rachel Pudsey | Book 2 in the Aronia Series

Follow me on BlogLovin!




 Title: The Faelti

Author: Rachel Pudsey

Series: The Aronia Series

Genre: YA, Fantasy



    Synopsis:  Never wish upon a star

  Sixteen-year-old Abigail Crumble's learning this the hard way. During a moment of weakness, Abigial wished on the stars only to discover she's cursed as a result. And she's been on a journey to rectify her mistake ever since. Trouble is, the quest to rid herself of the curse has proven to be much more arduous than have ever imagined. And far from over.

  Seperated from her friends and believing them dead, trapped in the faelti camp and being held hostage by the evil Kai Sisu, Abigail is no closer to reaching Levana's Dwelling and breaking the curse than she was the day she left her hometown. 


~                       ~                          ~                             ~                             ~



In this second installment, stakes are definitely raised. 

As before, I loved the side characters- and this time we get some backstory that explains the mindset of some of them. I enjoyed it a lot!
We meet the villain, Kai Sisu, and saw some other side characters we didn't expect to see again.

This book picked up right where we left off in the first book (thank goodness), and we proceed from there. 
Abigail is seperated from everyone for awhile, and we really get to understand the guys better without seeing them from just her pov.

We finally find out more about that pendant Abigail had when Mr. and Mrs. Crumble found her, we get to meet Levana, we find out about the curse, and we meet more dwarves!


I have also come to the conclusion that I want a minature horse that understands me, is super fast, and can get larger. Helvi for the win!


The three kingdoms are in need of help, war is brewing, the Faelti are ready to take everything, and Levana is almost useless.
Yeah, I'd say the stakes were raised in this book. 


*Spoiler* Mr. Crumble also makes a reappearnce with Abigail's teacher, and boy do they have an interesting story to tell. *Spoiler over*


We learn along side Abigail who she really is, what happened to her, and how she plays into saving the kingdoms from war and anhilation.


I have to say that while I like all the suitors- except for Roan- my favorites are Clay, Eric,and Etva. I want Clay and Abigail to be together, too cute! <3

I almost want to say I liked this book better than the first, but I loved a lot of the scenes with the side characters in the first one more I think. Rather hard to pick a favorite though.

One of the things that I loved the most in the first book was the author's humor. So, was it the same or just as good?
Yes, yes it was! I did laugh more in the first book, but in this second one we are getting to learn more of what's at stake- we care more. But there were still parts that were absolutely hilarious!


Now, for the ending. How did it make me feel? 
Well let's say (without going into to many details) my reaction went a ''little'' like this: *Screaming*

Was I disappointed? Heck no! I just didn't think it was going to end right there! The author is clearly mastering her skills of cliffhangers. I think I cried at one point when I realized that was where it was ending for now. 
The good news though is that book 3 will probably take up right where The Faelti left off. (At least I hope so.)



[My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐]


Have any of you read it yet? What did you think? 



Thanks for reading!!
~Books with Noel

Comments