Guarded Heart by Addison Carmichael | Book 2

Follow me on BlogLovin!







Title: Guarded Heart

Series: Book 2 in Guarded Series

Author: Addison Carmichael

Published: June 1st, 2018




Synopsis:  

   It’s been a year since Andee Peter’s father unsuccessfully sent an assassin through the dimensional veil to hunt down and kill her on earth, and she’s been living incognito with her Guardian Prime boyfriend Mick Barron in Roundup, Montana ever since. Now her Iroment king father, Lydon tel-Mortem, kidnapped her foster sister with the threat to kill the little girl unless Andee crosses the divide and faces him on their home planet of Noma where his own power is strongest.

   But in the process of sending her military guardian to rescue little Marie, Andee falls down the dimensional rabbit hole instead, landing in Noma—alone.


   Not in the modern metropolis of Umbrey she aimed for either, but in the wilds of neutral territory.
There she’s captured by a band of rebels led by a young, attractive mountain man who’s determined to find out who this strange young woman really is. And Leotner c-Tallega doesn’t plan to release Andee until she divulges her true identity, tempting her in ways that makes her want to confess to all kinds of things she didn’t do.



                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


 As this is book 2 in a series there will be spoilers for the 1st book. 
And I actually had a lot of feels while reading Guarded Heart, so brace yourself for spoilers in this book review!
If you wish to skip the spoils, look for where it says ''Spoilers Begin'' and skip to where it says *Spoilers over'' and proceed reading.
If not, then by all means carry on! :D



 We start where it has been a year for Mick and Sandy. They still live in a small town in Montana, though there has been a change in their relationship. 
Also note that Sandy has gotten used to her real Nomian name, and is more comfortable being called Andee.  

 So first I'd like to say that I do actually like Sandy/Andee's character. She's funny, sarcatsic, and fierce while also caring. I love seeing her relationship with her friends, especially when she makes new ones. 
Though she did annoy me at times, I have come to look foreward to when I care so much about a character that their every decision can either make me cry, laugh, or shout at them in my head.


Now where the first book left off, we see Mick and her get together. We are told a little bit about Nomia, Mickel's family, Andee's true family and home, and their powers of course. 
In the sequel however, we get tons more information that was worth waiting for. 
  
 We discover Nomia- without Mick and through Andee's eyes and ears. And holy macoroni, I'm glad I can't talk to my food. 


It was like I was on a rollercoaster, with twists and turns making have to know whether everything would end up okay or not.





*Begin spoilers*

 Here's where it got crayzy though, we see that Andee and Mick are having some problems. And then we're pissed at Mick for what he tells Andee when they finally talk about it. 

 I was in a turmoil through the first half of the book because of that actually. We get Mick telling her that he lied about basically their whole relationship and that he doesn't actually love her! And I had loved their bond in the first book, so I was ready to reach through the book and murder him for making her cry- and even saying those things!

Then when Andee is in the amazing world the author created, we meet Leot. 
And we like Leot. 

And we hear some things about Mick that makes us want to strangle him yet again. 
  
Flash foreward quite a bit, I really liked Leot and Andee. I was like, ''Okay Mick- you suck take Candor and go away. Leave Andee to be happy with her new man.''

They get married! 

But not! Because we learn later that it was also a lie! He's already got a wife that's not Andee, and Andee and him didn't actually get married legally.  
  
AND guess what else Andee was lied to about? Mick lied about lieing about loving her. 

 Make sense? 
And now Andee is pregnant with her false husband's child!


 *End spoilers*





 I was surprised throughout this entire book, and it took me awhile to process it and get it into words for this review. 

I know that if you read the spoilers it probably sounds crazy and so much drama. But it was fun to read, and I enjoyed it. 
I had to know how it ended, and now I'm pleasantly waiting for book 3!

Things definitely changed in this second installment in the series, but it worked out for the better! 
I really liked Guarded Wish, but Guarded Heart had so much more things to reveal that it might take place as my favorite of the two.


The epilogue scene legit made me fall out of my chair. I'm not gonna say what it is, but just know that it was totally unexpected!!



[My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐]



Has anyone read Guarded Heart? Or Guarded Wish yet? What did you think? 

Would you want to live in a house made out of rubies if it was normal on your planet? If animals talked to you and could hold a conversation, would you still eat them? 



Thanks for reading!!
~Books with Noel 

Comments