Guarded Wish by Addison Carmichael

Follow me on BlogLovin!




There was a book that was published recently (in February), and I was hooked after reading the synopsis. I couldn't wait to read it, and book two comes out in June! (Also can't wait to read!)
Well, I have finished it now and am ready to tell you guys what I think!




Published: February 2018

Genre: Fantsay, fairytales/make-believe come to life

Author: Addison Carmichael

Title: Guarded Wish



Synopsis:   YOUR DARKEST WISH COME TRUE—if only…
What would you do if your fantasy love came to life?
It wasn’t weird that Sandy Koufax dreamed of Peter throughout the years. Everyone has imaginary friends growing up. Particularly if you’re a lonely foster kid in the system.
But just as Sandy comes of age and stops believing in the impossible existence of her perfect fantasy guy, she strangely receives a cupcake and candle with a notecard that reads:

Happy Birthday, Sandy.
Make a wish. I promise it will come true.
And you know I always keep my promises
—Love always, Peter.

Yet, as the saying goes—be careful what you wish for. All is not as it seems. When Sandy miraculously spots Peter around her new home in San Francisco, this could very well be her dream come true. Or she may have opened the door to something mysterious and dangerous—from another world altogether.
And what if Peter isn’t the only one she accidentally brought over? When Sandy’s warned in yet another dream that there is now an assassin in her world determined to hunt down and kill her, a mimic able to take the image of even her coworkers and friends, she’s not sure who she can trust. Or who will help her escape him.





The characters were interesting, and Sandy was very funny at times. There were also certian side characters that I would die to be able to read their POV's *you know who I mean, if you've read it*. There were of course times were I wanted to facepalm or slap Sandy, but when do we not have those moments with fictional characters?

I really enjoyed the Mick and Sandy drama, expecially when she yelled at him and accused him of stalking her- and he calmly pointed out logical explanations. I personally am a romantic on the inside, but that doesn't mean I like gushiness in real life. I rather enjoy the romantic relationships that start with the two at each other's throats. (So entertaining!)

Now, here's the question I know you will be asking, Was there Instant Love in the book?
Well... there was some serious instant love for the main character's only friend. But for Sandy's relationship? I don't feel like there was too much intsant love, Sandy grew up with Peter and they both already loved each other. She thought Mick was Peter, so...
But when they do get 'together', it does happen rather quickly. But again, I overlooked that as everything else was so amazing.

Though I did guess a few things in the plot, I actually paid more attention to the mystery of 'Peter' than where the plot was going. So I was very surprised at parts. 

But you will not believe how excited I was for the reveals! I kid you not, I jumped up and down and was like 'Yes, yesss! Tell me more!!'
There were a few things that I really wanted to know, but weren't answered *yet*. Don't forget book two comes out soon! 

There was so much hinted at, revealed, and left to answer at the end of this book- that I have no doubt book two will be very interesting.



I do plan to do a Book Talk for Guarded Wish on my YouTube channel as soon as I can, but sadly it will be awhile. I have a few other videos I have to get out before I'll have the chance to do this one.
But it will be on there!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go buy a print version of this book to add to my bookshelves!



[MY RATING: ⭐⭐⭐]



Have any of you read this book yet? If so, what did you think? Are you excited for book two?


Thanks for reading!!
~Books with Noel

Comments

  1. I've never heard of this book until now, but it sounds super cute! At the moment I'm really into reading fantasy so I probably won't pick up this book. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment