Re-reads, Reading Plans, & Retellings ~ Noel likes the letter ''R''


It's been a while loves!


 I've posted a book tour or a book review once in a while, but that's been it for a bit... for those of you wondering why I moved last weekend and have been settling in!
 Now I'm having to get used to busier mornings, and sometimes busy evenings as well- my schedule is definitely getting fuller. 😅


How have you all been doing??


I've been stopping by to check your posts when I can also please keep Grace's family in your prayers, for those who don't know she was a lovely and kind blogger who passed away recently.
I figured I'd share some things to keep you guys updated! 💛 It seems I've been liking the letter ''R'' lately...

I've been re-reading quite a bit this year, and I made plans to re-read some more books soon as well! 

- Enchanted Forest by Emory R. Frie (the next in the series is out, so I need to recap)

- Lovestruck by Kate Watson (this one isn't technically as re-read as I never finished, but it's on the list)

- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (I FINALLY read Siege and Storm this past month for a buddy read, and discovered that I just wanted to go back to book one where we had more of the Darkling *sighs*)

- Dream A Little Dream by Kiersten Gier (I actually hope to re-read this whole series, but we're starting with a small goal lol)
  I realized it's been for-bloody-ever since I shared any Reading Plans with you guys!!

So in August, I finished:





And My Reading Plans for the Fall are:



- Read as many retellings as I can (scroll down)

- Read as many sequels as I can

- Finish as many series or get as far in as I can


September ~ October ~ November TBR:






These are all reads I plan to get into for the fall!! I'll have a different TBR for winter though ;)








My List of Retellings to read by the end of 2019!!


What's I've read so far and progress for the 2019 Retelling Reading Challenge_

𝕭𝖊𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖞 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖙 A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
𝕾𝖊𝖙 𝖎𝖓 𝖆 𝕱𝖔𝖗𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖓 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖙𝖗𝖞 Bewitched In Oz by Laura J. Burns
𝖂𝖔𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖉 Through The Zombie Glass by Gena Showalter
𝕾𝖙𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖆𝖑𝖔𝖓𝖊 The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest by Melanie Dickerson
𝕬𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖉-𝖜𝖎𝖓𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌
𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖙𝖎𝖙𝖑𝖊
𝕭𝖗𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖊 𝖔𝖗 𝕬𝖚𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖓 Austenland by Shannon Hale
𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖛𝖊 𝕬𝖒𝖊𝖗𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖓
2019 𝕽𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖊
𝕰𝖌𝖞𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖆𝖓
𝕲𝖗𝖊𝖊𝖐
𝕯𝖊𝖇𝖚𝖙
𝕹𝖔𝖗𝖘𝖊
𝕬𝖘𝖎𝖆𝖓
𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖊 Enchanted Forest by Emory R. Frie
𝕾𝖍𝖆𝖐𝖊𝖘𝖕𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖊
𝕽𝖚𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖆𝖓
𝖂𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖓 𝖔𝖓 𝖈𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗
𝕻𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕻𝖆𝖓 Wendy Darling Vol. 1 Stars by Colleen Oakes
500+ 𝖕𝖆𝖌𝖊𝖘
𝖘𝖊𝖙 𝖎𝖓 𝖘𝖕𝖆𝖈𝖊
𝖒𝖎𝖉𝖉𝖑𝖊 𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖓 The Wrath and The Dawn by Renée Ahdieh
10+ 𝖞𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖘 𝖔𝖑𝖉 Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier
𝕭𝖗𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖘 𝕲𝖗𝖎𝖒𝖒 The Captive Maiden by Melanie Dickerson

Other Retellings Read So Far:

Heir by Addison Carmichael

Princess of the Wild Swans by Diane Zahler

Never Ever by Sara Saedi

The Golden Braid by Melanie Dickerson

The Princess Spy by Melanie Dickerson

The Sweetest Spell by Suzanne Selfors

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

Total Progress: _16/22



 So this was my kind-of wrap up to let you guys know what I recently read and I'm doing next!

 And I have several book reviews I need to get out for you guys lol 😅😬




How has your August been? Are you excited for the fall months to finally be here??


Have a lovely day and thanks for reading loves!!
~Books with Noel

Comments

  1. My plan for the rest of this year is certainly to catch up with or finish as many series as I can. My new challenge went up today for that purpose! I'm happy that summer is sort of over and look forward to a bit of cooler weather! Good luck with your retellings challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you chuckles!! :D I can't wait for the cooler weather to be here- I'm not much of a summer person. I figured I should at least try to finish some series instead of only getting into new ones lol!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the rest of your reading challenges, it seems like you are on the right track! My plans for the rest of the year... just try to read in general tbh. I have kinda given up on my reading challenge and am just focusing on finishing the books I have recently bought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a little over a week I read absolutely nothing and didn't pick up a book at all :( But I got more studying and homework done so it was a fair trade lol!

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of retellings, but since I read contemporaries (almost exclusively), it seems like they are all Austen retellings. (I really liked Austenland, BTW)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Austenland was great!! I want try and read the Lizzie Bennet diaries, I think they're a modern retelling of Pride and Prejudice.
      Ah, I've been trying to read more contemporaries this year- that happens to be my least read genre!

      Delete
  4. Have fun reading Fangirl! I'd love to know your thoughts on it, I've been wanting to read it for such a long time now. Also, I totally understand you plans to finish sequels/series. The amount of first books/half of series I have on my bookshelves are ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess!! I've started so many new series, and I still need to finish so many lol!! xD
      I'll definitely share my thoughts on Fangirl once I read it, I've heard so much about it!! <3

      Delete
  5. Glad your move went well and you've read some great books! This has definitely been my year for reading as well, so many fabulous four and five star reads, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've discovered so many great reads this year!! <3

      Delete
  6. Oh yay, I hope your move went well! I know how stressful that can be. I also really need to read The Treatment! I don't know why I put that series down. I loved Finale so I hope you did too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it went great! I loved Finale, and The Treatment was awesome too!!

      Delete
  7. It was so sad to hear about Grace.

    I liked Fangirl, and ooh One Dark Throne. I'm looking forward to the last book of that series!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still think about Grace. Devastating.

    Moving can take a lot of work! Glad to hear you're settling in. I still need to read Fangirl. I've had a copy for forever. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so sad :(

      Thank you, I don't know when I'll force myself to stop procrastinating and read Fangirl lol!

      Delete
  9. I had a pretty good reading month in both quality and quantity so yay! It took me a while to get back on track after my move.

    I was scrolling through DM's the other day and a convo with Grace popped up and it's still so hard to accept.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so sudden and it's still very sad to think about :(

      Delete

Post a Comment