The Sunny Adventure by Ira Alice | And the Next Thing I Knew...


Author: Ira Alice

Genre: Children's | Adventure | Family

AMAZON | GOODREADS


     Synopsis:  Mother Fox asked her little daughter to go hunting and get some food for the very first time in her life. The little fox decided to catch the Sun since it looked very appetizing. 

 Going in search of it, the girl had no idea she would meet a little toad Loudcroak who would become her faithful friend. 
 This charming adventure story is filled with kindness, courage, and faith, teaching children how true friendship overcomes any obstacles.
   *I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.


 My little brother absolutely loved this book, he even got a frog and fox stuffed animal that he calls Loudcroak and Redkin now lol!

It's about a little fox (Redkin) that is told to get dinner for her mother, and she sees the sun and thinks it's a kind of food and wants to get it for her mother. On the way she makes friends with a little frog (Loudcroak), and others, and goes on an adventure to get the sun!


 It was a cute and funny read and had my brother (he's 7) bursting into giggles a lot. I absolutely loved the illustrations throughout the book and it made the little one even more excited!
  My favorite part honestly was the ending, it was just so adorable and the perfect dash of irony and humor.
We've both agreed to re-read it for his bedtime.


  Such a good story for a younger audience and I'm so glad I had the opportunity to read it to my little brother (and have him read some of it to me). He's working on his vocabulary, and this definitely helped. He read probably over half the book to me, and I took over to do the animals' voices!
  I did a lot of the reading because there were long sentences he had a harder time with, but overall we both loved it.

My little brother wants you all to know that he rated it 5 stars 😂!
(I rated it 4 stars though)
What have you been reading lately?


Have a lovely day!!
~Books with Noel

Comments

  1. I love reading a good picture book every now and then. I used to teach Kindergarten and I was able to read books like this everyday. But now I have 5th and 6th grade but I miss books like this! So love to read them every now and then and this sounds like a really good and cute story :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment