Hunter by Addison Carmichael | Guilty Pleasure Books


Title: Hunter

Author: Addison Carmichael

Series: Book 4 in the Sons of the Alpha series



Genre: Paranormal, Romance, Werewolf

Published: November 1st, 2019

GOODREADS | AMAZON


  Synopsis:  SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES…

Anthropologist Scarlet Lupis knows, because she spotted one of these dangerous humanlike creatures 15 years ago. Now she returns to Washington State to prove her suspicions and theories once and for all.

* * *
After another failed mission, werewolf Adam Bryant is pulled from active duty in their Pack military in order to get his head back in the game. Knowing the real issue, however, Adam returns to the place of his worst failure, determined to solve a nightmare that has plagued him for over a decade.

But uncovering old ghosts proves lethal for both of them when they cross the same monsters that have haunted both their lives. When Scarlet is deathly wounded her only hope for survival is Adam's own healing Wolf blood.

Now she exhibits signs of turning into a werewolf herself. Impossible, since she is human, all human.

Because one thing all were-kind know for a solid fact-
-a Wolf can't create a human shifter.

    Eek, eek, and eek!!
Okay, you guys have heard me rant about this series for the past year and I really enjoyed so many of them- but this one straight up is my absolute favorite!!

😍😍😍

I'm not really a ''paranormal and romance'' lover, but there are certain 'sub-genres' if you will, that I do like to read. I'm still super picky and half the time put the books down because I just- they're sooo cringy sometimes. But this series is one that I'm happy to own and re-read anytime.

 Yes, Noel is a *sometimes* sucker for werewolf romance books. I guess you could call paranormal romances my guilty pleasure (and this may be the only time I admit to this!).


  Hunter is the last book in the Sons of the Alpha series, and Carmichael did so amazingly in this conclusion it made the series for me.
 If you saw my other reviews, then you know the first book wasn't my favorite- it was enjoyable but for me, I was in love with books 2 and 3 the most.
  Book 4 has officially knocked them aside.
  They have been ''de-throned''.


  I loved seeing all the characters from the other books again, and (FINALLY) our main characters in Hunter had been side characters that I'd been so curious about all throughout the series! (Again: Eek!!) 
  Scarlet and Adam were in and out of this series, but never had the spotlight until now.
  And goodness, did I love their romance.

  Yes, there was miscommunication scenes that made me want to hurl someone through a window (not sure who yet, I'm surprisingly very hard to piss off). But I loved how cute they were and their own stories that interweaved together.


There was some mystery in the plot to do with Scarlet's past, and her figuring out about her *supposed-to-be-a-fling* boyfriend being a werewolf. Mostly it was a steamy werewolf read, that the romance had my heart captured in; but I was very happy with the amount of action in it as well.


  And then Carmichael's perfect epilogue topped it all off with a cherry at the end! I loved finding out about what happened to past favorite characters in the series plus seeing where new ones were going at the same time.

  Do you have a guilty pleasure genre or subgenre of books?? (PLS tell me I'm not alone!)
  Thoughts on paranormal romance, or werewolf reads??


Thanks for reading loves!!
~Books with Noel

                                                       ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

P. S. Keep an eye out for my next post! A review of Harley in the Sky by Akemi Dawn Bowman!

Comments

Post a Comment