Noel Meets ReadAThons & Chinese-Take-Out



Do I live within walking distance of a chinese restaurant? Yes.

Do I have  3 of their menus stached around my house? Maybe...

Do I have their phone number on speed dial? *knocks over coffee* I'm not answering that one!


I don't think I have a obsession with Chinese Takeout, I mean it is one of my favorite foods... but that's besides the point!



NOTE: I also real quick want to remind you guys today is the last day for the giveaway for my book, so if you haven't entered yet here's the link! 



ANYWAYS... onto other subjects...

There's a couple goals I have in April, and since we've already started the month some of the goals are completed already but... I figured I'd share anyways!


We all know I'm addicted to ReadAThons and Reading Challenges, so here's the ones I've been working on this month!



#WordForWord ReadAThon

Hosted by: Desara @ D. Books and Reviews (link to post)

Time: April 14th - April 20th


  • Read a book with disease involved in the book
  • Read a book with red on the cover
  • Read at least 3 books in total
  • Read a book with a princess involved

My TBR for this ReadAThon:

I don't know what to do about that first challenge, I may not be able to do it but we'll see!

A book with red on the cover? How about Queen of Hearts by Colleen Oakes!

Another book added to the list plus the last challenge... would equal three in total! So let's do The Captive Maiden by Melanie Dickerson it's on my TBR anways!

A book with a princesss... hm, Princess of the Wilds Swans by Diane Zahler!




10 Day ReadAThon

Hosted: Coffee Break Book Club

Time: April 19th - 28th
  • Any books finished during this time, counts for the readathon!



Spring Into April Challenge

Hosted: Coffee Break Book Club

Time: April 1st - April 30th


1 Read a book with a spring color on the cover  COMPLETE 

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

2 Read a book that was published in April _WILL NOT BE ABLE

3 Read a contemporary COMPLETE
You Were Here by Cori McCarthy


4 Read a book with the the letters SPRING in the title and/or the author's name _WILL NOT BE ABLE

5 Read a predicted 5 star book
The Captive Maiden by Melanie Dickerson

6 Read a book while doing something springy COMPLETE
Never Ever by Sara Saedi


PROGRESS: _3/6 complete




2019 Retelling Reading Challenge

Hosted by: Tracy @ Cornerfolds (link to post)

Time: all year long

Progress before Arpil = 2/22 retellings


Bingo Challenges to complete in April + the TBR:

  • Set In Foreign Country: Princess of the Wild Swans by Diane Zahler
  • 10+ Years Old: Daughter of The Forest by Juliet Marillier COMPLETE
  • Brothers Grimm: The Captive Maiden by Melanie Dickerson
  • Peter Pan: Wendy Darling Vol. 1: Stars by Colleen Oakes COMPLETE


Other Retellings that count toward my goal of 22 books: _4 


Never Never by Brianna R. Shrum DNF

Never Ever by Sara Saedi COMPLETE

Queen of Hearts by Colleen Oakes

Bewitched in Oz by Laura J. Burns COMPLETE


What ReadAThons or Challenges are you guys participating in? Will you be in any of these?? If so, what's on your TBR??



Thanks for reading loves! Have a good one!
 ~Books with Noel

Comments

  1. I like mild Indian and Chinese food and we have takeaways for both a five minute drive from where we live. Useful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very convenient! Unless you're trying to save money of course, then it's not so great...

      Delete
  2. These are some challenging challenges. I think you are doing pretty great, and I like that the read-a-thon has like challenges built into it. Good luck with all of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love when the readathons have challenges built in them!!

      Delete
  3. That's so awesome that you're able to keep up with readathons! They're fun, but I'm always too busy and forget. I like to participate to 24 in 48. It's a fun one, but still challenging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it easier to do week long ones- because I can read all throughout. I'm too busy for the 24 or 48 ones, so I have a really hard time with those ones!

      Delete
  4. We're the same way with Thai food! We used to live really close to this AMZAZING restaurant, and we'd eat there 2-3 nights a week. They had some of the best curry and fried rice. My mouth is watering just thinking about it, haha.

    I don't do readathons anymore, because with kids I cannot dedicate the time necessary to do them. It's a bummer, but I love spending the time with my kiddos. :)

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? 💬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way with my little brother, they're only little for so long! Gotta enjoy it while we can!

      Delete
  5. I love chinese takeout and could totally live on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's good enough that I'm tempted to live off it lol!

      Delete
  6. I love all the readathons you are participating in especially the Coffee Break Bookclub ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also live within walking distance of an Asian take-out. They have Chinese, Thai, and Japanese food. Thank goodness it's not between the bus stop and my house. Ha ha. 🍜

    I'm also doing Cornerfold's Retelling Challenge. My goal is eleven books and I'm just now finishing up my second one. You are doing really well! 👍✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that sounds like an awesome restaurant!! Thank you! I absolutely love retellings! <3

      Delete

Post a Comment